IRCOS has been operating for almost 30 years and has a considerable experience in developing and supplying automated spectrum monitoring systems and their components all over the World.
Back then, we started from creating and supplying the first-generation hardware with limited functionality based on imported radio receiving equipment and in-house developed hybrid processors. Now, we produce modern multifunctional and high-performance equipment based on our in-house design and on the basis of digital panoramic radio receivers and modules of the ARGAMAK series.
Over the years of our existence:
- We have built an efficient team of highly qualified employees
- We have developed scientific and practical approach to design of automated systems and technical radio monitoring means, digital processing of radio signals
- Based on the latest requirements to radio monitoring technical means, we have implemented the full equipment production cycle from developing hardware and software components to putting them into operation on customer sites, providing technical support and specialist training
- We have developed and organized production of several generations of various automated radio monitoring equipment, and we are continuously updating the equipment and software packages
- Our company is not just a supplier of individual technical means now, but a producer and supplier of automated systems that ensure full-scale control of the entire aggregate of radio monitoring functions and means at the level of a country, region, district, institution and meet all the latest requirements and recommendations
- Our company contributed to improving our country's defense potential; we continue developing and producing a series of products for defense and law enforcement agencies
- We have implemented a quality control system
- We are continuously carrying out scientific and applied research to improve the efficiency of our technical means. The results of the research were reflected in seven doctoral dissertations and eighteen master's dissertations defended by our employees
- The innovative character of our research and development is confirmed by 20 National patents, 15 certificates of registration for computer programs; we issued more than 200 scientific and technical publications, 6 monographs, and 5 study guides dedicated to designing and applying radio monitoring systems, including the monographs: AUTOMATED SPECTRUM MONITORING SYSTEMS AND THEIR COMPONENTS (2017), RADIO MONITORING: TASKS, METHODS, EQUIPMENT (4th edition, 2015), RADIO MONITORING: PROBLEMS, METHODS AND EQUIPMENT (Springer, an international publishing house, 2009) and RADIO MONITORING. AUTOMATED SYSTEMS AND THEIR COMPONENTS (Springer, an international publishing house, 2018)
- Our specialists are active participants in the work of the Radiocommunication Sector of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU); they prepared fifteen contributions and their materials were included, among others, in ITU Handbook “Spectrum Monitoring”.
- A series of the company's products are certified as measurement equipment, and methods of their usage are validated and approved.
At the present time, IRCOS offers a wide range of modern, multifunctional radio monitoring equipment that includes ARMADA, AREAL Automated Spectrum Monitoring Systems, their components in various versions (fixed, mobile, transportable, portable and manpack) based on radio receiving modules and units of the ARGAMAK series.
The company's research on receipt and processing of signals, development and production of radio monitoring means are performed in two major areas:
1. Radio monitoring at the level of a country, city, district, institution (in cities, rural districts, industrial areas, and so on).
It main purpose is to provide information about the actual utilization of radio frequency spectrum and locations of their sources, parameters and identifiers of telecommunication systems, their compliance with existing regulations and licenses. Within the scope of this area, our company developed the ARMADA Automated Spectrum Monitoring System (ASMS) during 2009–2011. The system integrates radio monitoring means in a single network for radio monitoring at the level of a country, region, city, and district. This system corresponds the International Telecommunication Union recommendations, has a cross-platform client-server architecture, and incorporates Web technologies. ARMADA ASMS comprises radio monitoring and measuring equipment and the ARMADA software environment that ensures control of technical means, storage of results, communication to external information systems. The company has been supplying ARMADA ASMS and all of its components since 2011, including control centers, as well as fixed, mobile, portable, and manpack stations.
ARMADA ASMS was the basis of the automated system for radio frequency spectrum monitoring which was used during the 27th Summer Universiade that was held in the city of Kazan in July 2013. This system included a situation room that performed the control center functions fixed remotely-controlled stations for radio monitoring and direction finding, mobile measurement laboratories, mobile radio monitoring stations, as well as manpack equipment. Among the features of this system is the use of compact remotely-controlled radio monitoring stations installed at the Universiade sites for round-the-clock monitoring of the electromagnetic environment and preventive protection of the most important frequency bands.
In 2018 National Automated Spectrum Monitoring System ARMADA was supplied abroad and implemented in a foreign country. Now it's successfully operated and currently being extended.
This type of technical means is mostly used by specrum monitoring services, mobile communication operators, and so on. At the present time, ARMADA ASMS is enlarged with new functions. Its components are becoming even more popular.
2. Revealing of unauthorized radio emitters
As far as this area is concerned, our company has long-term experience in supplying the systems for detection, direction finding and localization of radio emission sources, equipment for identification of radio emission in premises, control of efficiency of data protection technical means, distant radio monitoring of premises, as well as checking local zones and vehicles. These technical means have been used successfully and they are becoming even more popular.
At the present time, technical means that provide a comprehensive solution in the area are integrated in family of AREAL-1 - AREAL-7 Automated Radio Monitoring Systems. Each of these systems provides centralized control of the radio monitoring equipment operation at various remote guarded sites.
In 2017 AREAL-1 Automated Radio Monitoring System was supplied and successfully implemented for an uniformed agency.