This section describes IRCOS fixed, mobile, transportable and portable radio monitoring stations. They are designed for automated radio monitoring including search, emitter detection, direction finding, localization and radio signal measurement.
The fixed and mobile direction finding means includes digital radio receivers integrated with antenna systems. This feature enables high sensitivity and wide dynamic range, eliminates antenna effects and allows the use of flexible light-gauge lead-in cables up to 100 m long.
High technical parameters of fixed facilities, including wide electromagnetic access area and high direction finding accuracy, are achieved due to digital radio receivers with professional parameters integrated into antenna systems, modern design of antenna systems, ability of antenna systems to be placed at high altitudes since they Ethernet twisted pair is applied as antenna cable.
RMS DF accuracy and field DF sensitivity presented in the Catalog are evaluated using procedures consistent with the test procedures given in Recommendations ITU-R SM.2060 and SM.2096. For each direction finder typical sensitivity is also specified being determined as its mean value within the frequency range for a group of products.
All the stations are controlled remotely by wire or wireless channels, which allows using this in automated radio monitoring systems.
The units of fixed station have protected design. The equipment is installed inside temperature controlled and moisture protected boxes and its placement does not require service premises. All equipment can be installed outdoors, e.g. on rooftop of building.
These means has an integrated diagnostics system of state and operation parameters of modules and units.
Key features of the stations
- Technical and metrological parameters completely comply with International Telecommunication Union recommendations
- Due to high functionality of stations and their specifications they may be used by both civil and uniformed agencies
- Stations have protected design and alarm sensors (impact, inclination and opening sensors)
- Equipment of stations has built-in test equipment
- The stations can be controlled over the main and standby data communication channels including radio channels
- Automatic direction finders based on ARGAMAK DRRU series operate with simultaneous bandwidth up to 24 MHz, operating range 1.5 to 8000 MHz, they feature high performance and provide multi-channel direction finding
- The digital receiver of fixed, mobile and transportable direction finders is built into the antenna system (it provides accuracy, high sensitivity, wide dynamic range and no antenna effect), direction finder antenna system weighs about 40-50 kg
- Measuring equipment is based on digital ARGAMAK-IS Radio Receiver, has frequency range from 9 kHz to 8000 MHz (up to 30 GHz with ARC-PS330 Frequency Down-Converter), and simultaneous bandwidth up to 22 MHz
- Digital radio receivers of fixed means allow processing of input signals in real-time: max. speed of spectrum analysis is up to 60 GHz/sec
- To prevent overloading of the units' digital path in complicated electromagnetic environment, digital radio receiver includes additional analogue radio receiving narrow-band paths
- ARGAMAK-IS digital radio receiver allows all required types of measurements, including measurements of electromagnetic field (EMF) strength, frequency and bandwidth of radio emission, decoding and analysis of service information of digital networks of communication and data transmission GSM, UMTS, CDMA, TETRA, LTE, DECT, Wi-Fi, APCO P25, DMR, dPMR, NXDN, and DVB-T/H/T2, DTMB digital TV signals
- When several stations operate within electromagnetic access area of radio emission source "hybrid" method may be implemented for localization of radio emission, where calculation of location is made on the basis of information complexing: bearings received from direction finders, time of receipt, and levels of radio signals at measurement points.
ARTIKUL-SN Direction Finding System is intended for search, detection, evaluation of parameters, direction finding, recording, technical analysis and classification of signals within HF, VHF, UHF and SHF ranges, as well as for localization of their emitters while operating as a part of automated spectrum monitoring systems. It includes ARTIKUL-S Automatic Direction Finder based on correlation-interferometry, mast, thermostatic waterproof casing containing a controller for remote control, data communication equipment, and backup power supply system. Basic configuration of the direction finder provides for operating frequency range of 20 - 3000 MHz, complete configuration provides from 1.5 to 8000 MHz.
ARCHA-IN and ARCHA-INM Fixed Measuring Radio Monitoring and Direction Finding Station are intended for real-time panoramic spectrum analysis, single-channel and multi-channel direction finding, measuring of electromagnetic field strength and radio signal parameters (including frequency, bandwidth, modulation parameters), recording and technical analysis of radio signals, monitoring of radio channels.
DF and measuring workstations of ARCHA-IN Station are implemented based on ARTIKUL-S Direction Finder and ARGAMAK-IS radio receiver providing their independent operation. For example, it makes possible to carry out search or direction finding of radio emission source in one frequency range simultaneously with measuring the parameters of radio signals in another range, with different settings, etc. The operating frequency range of the measurement station (in basic configuration 20 - 3000 MHz) can optionally be extended to 0.009 - 30 000 MHz. Besides the measuring workstation is normally equipped with measuring antennas and rotary-support device. Two different antenna systems of ARCHA-IN require two separated masts for their installation. These masts should be places few dozens meter one from another, which tightens up requirements to mast installation site. The station may include optional ARGAMAK-CS Radio Receiver with its own antennas provided for technical analysis of radio signals.
Key feature of ARCHA-INM Station is the use of ARGAMAK-IS Measuring Receiver with an additional coherently synchronized receiving channel built-in directly into the direction finding antenna system. Such a solution allows combing in a single device the measuring receiver and correlation interferometer. All functions of the station are performed by one set of radio receiving equipment, which makes impossible direction finding and measuring signal parameters simultaneously. The station includes a combined antenna system consisting of direction finding and measuring antennas. The antenna system is installed on single mast. Design of antenna system allows quick removal of the measuring receiver for verification. Operating frequency range in direction finding mode is 20 - 3000 MHz in basic configuration. Optionally it can be extended to 1.5 - 3000 MHz. Functions of measuring antennas are executed by External Field Sensor Unit.
Along with the fixed stations, the system normally includes ARGUMENT-I Mobile Measuring Stations with the measurement and direction finding means. Using mobile stations allows ensuring the required coverage area with the minimal number of fixed stations, which decreases the summary cost of the system.
Mobile stations can quickly move to an area not covered by fixed equipment. These stations are effective for radio monitoring operations when low transmitter power, high directivity of transmitting antennae and long distance to the emitter source complicate measurements or make it impossible using fixed stations. A mobile station performs operations on measuring parameters and localization of radio emission sources, both within the automated system and stand alone.
Various mini-vans, for example, Volkswagen Caravelle, Mercedes Sprinter, Ford Transit, off-road cars, for example Land Cruiser, UAZ Patriot, etc. can be used as a transport base for ARGUMENT-I Radio Monitoring Mobile Station.
The technical means of mobile radio monitoring station varies depending on the purpose. Normally the mobile station includes ARTIKUL-M correlative interferometer automatic direction finder and ARGAMAK-IS measuring receiver. Operating frequency range of ARTIKUL-M Mobile Direction Finder in the maximum configuration is from 1.5 to 8000 MHz. It can also use ARGAMAK-CS Receiver for technical analysis of signals. The mobile station can work in motion and at stop, controlled by automated system or in standalone mode. Even in stand-alone operation, the mobile station provides localization of radio emission sources with high accuracy.
Technical means having portable (transportable) design find broad application in automated systems. Such means have a considerably small weight and size, which enables their transportation by a vehicle, as well as in the hands of one or several operators. Such means are used at fixed and temporary workstations, without power supply, and also in the open terrain. They can be quickly deployed in locations that are inaccessible for vehicles – in mountains or in the off-road conditions, used at temporary workstations, for example, on rooftop of buildings in the urban setting. ARCHA-IS Transportable Measuring Radio Monitoring Station is an example of such means. Its design is similar to that of ARCHA-INM Fixed Station. The main unit ARGAMAK-IS digital panoramic receiver certified as a measuring mean with additional (second) channel of radio signal receiving, which allows measurement of signal parameters, correlative interferometer direction finding.
Like ARCHA-INM station, the receiver is located in the immediate proximity to the antenna system, which ensures high sensitivity of measurements and direction finding, wide dynamic range. The difference from ARCHA-INM station is in using a removable antenna with a small weight and size. AS-HP5 portable antenna system is used for direction finding, and a external field sensor unit's omnidirectional measuring antenna is used for measurements of electromagnetic field strength instead of AS-HP5 Besides, it can use other measurement antennas mounted on a XY or 3D rotary-support device. The station may be equipped with AS-HP-HF, AS-HP2 Antenna Systems providing for operating frequency range from 1.5 to 8000 MHz.
ARGAMAK-ISN Fixed Measuring System is intended for field strength and radio signal parameters measuring, analysis of service identifiers and parameters of communication system and digital TV signals, both standalone and as part of the automated spectrum monitoring system. It has protected design and can be installed outdoors.
ARGAMAK-CSN system is intended for search, detection, evaluation of parameters, direction finding, recording, technical analysis and classification of signals within HF, VHF, UHF and SHF ranges both stand-alone and as a part of automated radio monitoring systems. Its design is very similar to ARGAMAK-ISN design. But it's based on АРГАМАК-ЦС Digital Radio Receiver instead of ARGAMAK-IS Measuring Radio Receiver.
ARGAMAK-RSS Compact Fixed Radio Monitoring and Technical Analysis System is intended for search, detection, identification, recording, demodulation, spectrum and technical analysis of radio signals within HF, VHF, UHF and SHF ranges, measurement of field strength and signals parameters, as well as for localization of radio emission sources with TDOA method when being operated as a part of a distributed system.
- ARTIKUL-SN Fixed Direction Finding System
- ARCHA-IN Fixed Measuring Station of Radio Monitoring and Direction Finding.
- ARCHA-INM Fixed Measuring Station of Radio Monitoring and Direction Finding.
- ARGUMENT-I Mobile Measuring Radio Monitoring Station
- ARCHA-IT Transportable Measuring Radio Monitoring Station
- ARGAMAK-ISN Fixed Measuring System
- ARGAMAK-CSN Fixed System of Recoding and Technical Analysis
- ARGAMAK--RSS Compact Fixed Radio Monitoring and Technical Analysis System
- ARC-NK5I Manpack Measuring Radio Monitoring and Direction Finding System